ELECTRIC FAILURE – Staying Alive After the Storm – Safety Tips on Using Portable Generators
- If you use a portable generator for electricity use CAUTION to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning and fires.
- Use portable generators OUTSIDE and at least 20 feet away from buildings.
- Do not use portable generators inside your house or garage.
- Do not put portable generators on balconies or near doors, vents, or windows.
- Do not use portable generators near where you or your children are sleeping.
- Never refuel a generator while it is hot.
- For more information, go to: www.osha.gov/OshDoc/data_Hurricane_Facts/portable_generator_safety.pdf